GCE - Global Connections to Employment is excited to offer IT career opportunities within our fast growing organization. Our mission – “Helping people throughout life’s journey” and the vision to be the trusted partner for improving the quality of life in the communities we serve. GCE serves to help people with disabilities find meaningful employment within multiple service lines in 16 states. GCE IT teams maintain more than 73 government and commercial contracts and we has been honored with numerous awards for service excellence and supporting employee morale. Our IT team is a primary federal contractor for Department of Defense agencies where our focus is on identity management and software development credentialing, and personnel security and benefits.
Data Analyst IV Performs business and data requirements gathering and data analysis tasks. Works directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs. Identifies and documents relevant data design, process and specification issues. Understands business context and problems and communicates them clearly in written and oral format. Works with the business users to understand and document the functionality requirements. Understands fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures of the specific professional or technical assignment or in specialty area. Performs complex tasks where and learns to apply training to practice. Uses established procedures and works independently in support of objectives.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 10+ years in data analysis.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Experience with one or more of the following: PL/SQL, SQL, SAS, R, Python, Java.
- Certification for Oracle DBA.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with a diverse set of roles and responsibilities across business and IT.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with and influence team members at all levels.
- Work well on a team and individually with the ability to plan and schedule activities to accomplish objectives in dynamic environment.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Apply management analysis processes, statistical methods, and technical and analytical research techniques to determine solutions based on client requirements with an IT services/solutions-based scope.
- Analyze operational activities to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making and resource allocation.
- Perform statistical modeling and simulations.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and provide ongoing reports.
- Analyze customer requirements and define impact to the customer’s data.
- Creates project plans to achieve performance-based objectives, enhancing implementation, systems and service.
- Provides integral support in mission requirements determination, conceptualization, design, development, testing, verification and validation, documentation, and implementation of system applications.
- Establishes and maintain strong working relationship with existing customer.
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills; ability to generate data-driven, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Respond to the customer on data request inquiries. Ensure customer data standards are enforced.
Validation Check Process
- Ensures quality by performing quality assurance steps on processed data.
- Employs process improvements and reengineering methodologies and principles for modernization of systems and projects.
- Develop and execute validation checks to ensure any changes applied to data is successful with no major data issues; produce summary reports of actions on the data.
- Coordinate and lead others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Build, confirm, and prioritize project plans and deliverables with clients and vendors.
- Work independently in a collaborative team environment, often with other clients and vendors.
- Monitor projects and ensures client requirements are met.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills and strong leadership and project management skills.
- Serve as team leader and mentor to work with clients and vendors.
- Assist management with recruiting and training of staff.
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, standard process documentation and other documents related to the government contract.
- Attend required training.
GCE Mission, Vision & Values (MVV)
- Adhere, promote and support the mission, vision and values of Global Connections to Employment.
- Comply with all organizational policies.
- Positively represent GCE, Inc. in all job duties and communications with others.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 – 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.