GCE - Global Connections to Employment
Is excited to offer IT career opportunities within our fast growing organization. Our mission – "Helping people throughout life’s journey" and the vision to be the trusted partner for improving the quality of life in the communities we serve. GCE serves to help people with disabilities find meaningful employment within multiple service lines in 16 states, including internationally. GCEs IT teams maintain more than 73 government and commercial contracts and we have been honored with numerous awards for service excellence and supporting employee morale. Our IT team is a primary federal contractor for Department of Defense agencies where our focus is on identity management and software development credentialing, and personnel security and benefits.
Computer Support will identify, manage, escalate, and resolve technical issues. Regular duties include installation and configuration of software, print drivers, utilities, etc. to be utilized on workstations and computer networks; troubleshooting all information technology issues, including software, hardware, and networking; and monitoring installed systems, identifying problems, and taking corrective action.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: Five (5) or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must possess Security+ certification.
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good computer and clerical skills, to include basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of policies, procedures, and standards required to perform this position.
- Utilize provided hardware and software to process batch requests containing large amounts of data.
- Perform quality assurance on work performed to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Maintain security of all personal data and the physical security of all Government provided equipment and consumables.
- Provide desk-side support, assisting customers with performing any necessary patches, upgrades or process improvement updates to the software or hardware environments.
- Assist in the production of status reports for management. Maintain familiarity with data manipulation and report creation.
- Support other computer operator tasks that arise due to emerging client needs.
- High level of customer service required for in person customer interface.
- Provide microcomputer and operational support to operate and maintain the hardware, software and network connectivity located at the 96th Medical Group and 17 outlying facilities to include the Hospital, VA Clinic, Readiness Warehouse, Fisher House, Bioenvironmental Engineering, Public Health, Veterinary Clinic, Deployment Processing Line, Satellite Pharmacy, Phase II Students, Tri-Care, Education and Training, Resource Management Office, and Dental Clinic buildings. Hardware: Dell workstations, HP workstations, Dell, HP and IBM laptops, Lenovo and HP Tablet PCs, MFP printers, Fujitsu Scanners, Dymo Labelers, Verity Systems Bulk Degasser. Software: Windows OS, Internet Explorer, Hardware Drivers, Reflection VT Terminal Emulation Software, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, McAfee Anti-Virus, Medical Specific Software, AHLTA, Dictaphone, Dragon Speak, 3M, DOEHRS, AudBase, AVHE, Motion Tablets, Citrix, JAVA, Adobe Pro, Lotus Viewer, Essentris, CHCS, IMPACS, MIPAX, DMLSS, ABSS, ASIMS, CDA, CRIS, E2569 Program, Urinalysis, Audiologist System and Diabetes tracking.
- Attend required training.
- Perform backup support outside of the primary position function as assigned.
- Work with others in analyzing workload, priorities and identified solutions to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Work independently in a collaborative team environment, often with other clients and vendors.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Assist management with training of staff.
GCE Mission, Vision & Values (MVV)
- Adhere, promote and support the mission, vision and values of Global Connections to Employment.
- Comply with all organizational policies.
- Positively represent GCE, Inc. in all job duties and communications with others.
Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time. The travel may be local or national and may be by car, rail, or air.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 – 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.