Global Connections to Employment (GCE)is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities to work for Department of Defense Enterprise Information Technology contracts. Our organization’s mission is to help persons with disabilities through life’s journey. As a Top 25 non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program, GCE is recognized for complex and demanding operational systems, leadership development, workforce engagement, and the ability to manage prime/subcontractor relationships. We provide numerous business lines in 16 states, including District of Columbia. Our IT Groups are located in Seaside, CA and Lorton, VA, performing more than 50 government and commercial contracts. We provide a wide range of IT support in accordance with industry standards and sustain high quality. Our pillars of operational excellence are Best People, Best Service, Best Quality, Financial Performance, and Growth.
Responsible for the management and oversight of assigned governmental and/or commercial contracts. Primary duties are to customarily and regularly direct the work of multiple full-time employees or their equivalent. Responsible for leading and supervising assigned staff, and ensuring staff perform the highest quality of work that meets or exceeds contract standards as established by GCE. Authority to hire and/or fire staff (or whose suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees are given particular weight). Responsible for the fiscal performance of the contract to promote maximum efficiency.
Role Requirements (minimum qualifications required for position)
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 15 years of experience in Information Technology (IT) project management/project management or equivalent.
- Previous experience in managing Federal contracts with SCA requirements.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of all phases of work outlined in contract responsibilities.
- Experience working with DMDC preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Travel by car, rail and/or air may be required, domestically and internationally. The percentage of time traveling will vary widely based on the circumstances.
Position Function (reason position exists–supports department and organizational mission)
- Responsible for the management and oversight of services provided through contractual agreements.
- Providing guidance to ensure that the quality of work performed meets or exceeds contract standards and those established by GCE.
- Oversight and performance management of: Information Management, High End Architecture, Database Management & Support, Software Development, Project Management, and Research/Analysis.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with existing customer.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with contract liaison in a manner that facilitates positive working relationships.
- Formulate and enforce work standards, assigned schedules, and work discrepancy reports.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the latest industry trends and tools associated.
- Managing fiscal performance of the contract to promote maximum efficiency and achievement of established financial goals.
- Monitoring and maintaining program Performance Accountability Report(s) to meet organization and division expectations
- Promote, monitor, and maintain a safe work environment. Ensure all safety training is conducted and documented. Submit job safety analysis to risk management.
- Participate in regular performance meetings with the customer/representative to address quality improvement issues.
- Participate in monthly budget/financial reviews and in the development of annual budget.
- Responsible for mentoring direct staff on job growth and career development, by providing training plans, performance evaluations, career guidance, and sharing knowledge
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, standard process documentation and other documents related to the government contract.
- Attend required training.
- Perform backup support outside of the primary position function as assigned.
GCE Mission, Vision & Values (MVV)
- Adhere, promote and support the mission, vision and values of Global Connections to Employment.
- Comply with all organizational policies.
- Positively represent GCE, Inc. in all job duties and communications with others.
Team Leadership (for managers/supervisors only)
- Ensure alignment of team to GCE’s mission and organizational goals.
- Collaborate with peers and employees in other departments to improve GCE operations.
- Direct the planning, development, implementation, budgeting, maintenance and support of all department or unit functions.
- Administer and manage policies, standards, practices, and security measures for all department or unit functions to assure effective and consistent department operations.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, mentor, evaluate and develop assigned employees according to Agency’s policies and procedures, ensuring the overall smooth functioning of the department, and consulting the manager or HR Department as indicated.
- Provide guidance and direction for development of all assigned employees to improve the overall professionalism of the department and the support provided to GCE.
- Mentor junior level team members, assist them with developing project plans and goals for the year.
- Plan and direct the continual upgrading of equipment and procedures to maintain pace with technological progress, economic change, and business needs.
- Perform standard supervisory administrative duties including weekly scheduling, time sheets, expense reports, etc.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 – 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.