Global Connections to Employment (GCE) is a non-profit organization that provides opportunities to work for Department of Defense Enterprise Information Technology and systems development contracts. Our organization’s mission is to help persons with disabilities through life’s journey. As a Top 25 non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program, GCE is recognized for building complex mission systems, leadership development, workforce engagement, and strong prime/subcontractor relationships. We provide numerous business lines in 16 states, including District of Columbia. Our IT and systems development contractual presence spans the locales of Seaside, CA and Lorton, VA, where we perform on more than 50 government and commercial contracts. We provide a wide range of systems development support in accordance with industry standards with high quality. Our pillars of operational excellence are Best People, Best Service, Best Quality, Financial Performance, and Growth.
GCE is hiring for the position of Chief Engineer within our Information Technology Line of Business. The Chief Engineer is responsible for leading the development of the technical vision and roadmap across the contract and drives final decisions on architecture, design, and deployment of systems and products to ensure they meet functional, performance and volume requirements of our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Related STEM discipline with 14 years of relevant experience -OR- Master’s degree in Engineering with 12 years of relevant experience -OR- PhD in Engineering with 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in progressive engineering leadership roles
- Must have experience managing people and teams
- Must have experience with system integration and testing
- Must have direct experience of leading systems engineering of complex integrated programs/systems.
- Must have experience in systems engineering functions, including operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, and interface definition and control.
- Must have experience in the architecture development of software-centric systems.
- Must have strong experience leading Agile programs, including Agile DevOps.
- Must have proven written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills at the executive level
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team.
- Must have experience with test automation frameworks, technologies and methodologies
- Must have current, active TS/SCI clearance.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Possess an industry certification in Agile or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience with software development languages, including C, C++, Java, HTML5, or Python
- Experience managing complex projects using the Atlassian suite of SDLC tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Experience with Identity management systems and design
- Knowledge of Smart card technology and related hardware/software
- Experience with configuration management and software configuration management.
The chief engineer is responsible for the following:
- Lead engineering analysis and anomaly reviews across programs and task orders.
- Review the design and architecture of EITS systems and subsystems across programs, ensuring completeness, accuracy and adherence to established GCE systems engineering processes and technical standards/procedures.
- Direct and guide the development of System Engineering requirements and specifications for various systems through multiple program phases as part of system development and sustainment processes.
- Support new business development, including review of technical and cost volumes, detailed Basis of Estimates (BOE), establish Work Breakdown Structures as part of the product line development processes
- Support Engineering Review Boards (ERBs), Architecture Review Boards (ARB), Change Control Boards (CCB), as required.
- Support pre-proposal analysis, proposal development, mission and system analysis, specification and interface development, design reviews, testing, problem resolution and customer interactions as directed by the GCE.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills and will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Travel by car, rail and/or air may be required domestically and internationally.