This position is on a federal Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
This position operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clamshells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments.
Must be able to perform the following duties. Duties may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignments.
- May need to be able to read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment such as grease, adjust and make emergency repairs to equipment.
- Will use heavy equipment to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, snow or other material.
- Be available to be on call for after hours emergency maintenance duty and work overtime as required.
- Lift, pull, push and/or manipulate objects as required.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on the specific contract.
- Position requires a Class A CDL drivers license.
- Must have a valid drivers license, good driving record and be insurable under the Center’s policy.
- Must have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- May travel to and from various locations and building throughout the year and in various weather conditions. Most work will take place indoors. Will be required to follow Emergency Operations Work Assignment per customer requirements. Schedules are subject to change. May require working early morning, mid-morning, afternoon and/or evening hours; as well as weekends and Holidays. This position will be on-call on a rotating basis.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds. Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels or snow plows.
- The mental demands, physical demands, and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQQUIRED