This position is on a federal Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
This position will work on a DoD military installation and will perform the Essential Functions below for industrial and commercial facilities. Must be able to perform the following duties, duties may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignments.
Installs, services and repairs stoves, refrigerators, dishwashing machines, and other electrical household or commercial appliances, using hand tools, test equipment and following wiring diagrams and manufacturer's specifications.
- Connects appliance to power source and test meters, such as wattmeter, ammeter, or voltmeter.
- Observes readings on meters and graphic recorders. Examines appliance during operating cycle to detect excess vibration, overheating, fluid leaks and loose parts.
- Disassembles appliances and examines mechanical and electrical parts.
- Traces electrical circuits, following diagram and locates shorts and grounds, using ohmmeter.
- Calibrates timers, thermostats and adjusts contact points.
- Cleans and washes parts, using wire brush, buffer, and solvent to remove carbon, grease and dust.
- Replaces worn or defective parts, such as switches, pumps, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, blowers and defective wiring.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and be insurable under the Center’s policy.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Safely perform essential functions described below.
- May travel to and from various locations and building throughout the year and in various weather conditions. Most work will take place indoors. Will be required to follow Emergency Operations Work Assignment per customer requirements. Schedules are subject to change. May require working early morning, mid-morning, afternoon and/or evening hours; as well as weekends and Holidays. This position will be on-call on a rotating basis.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds. Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels or snow plows.
- The mental demands, physical demands, and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED