WHO WE ARE GCE:
Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization’s Mission is “Helping People throughout Life’s Journey,” and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency.
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positions attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US.
The Desktop Publisher I prepares all types of illustrations for Air Force technical manuals. Read and interpret detailed engineering drawings for conversion into TO compatible line drawings. Perform conversions of halftones (photographs) into line drawings and prepare exploded views of equipment to be used in parts breakdowns and disassembly/assembly instructions. Interpret sketches from engineers, technical writers, et al., and covert TO illustrations. Perform other duties as assigned. Adhere, promote, and support the mission, vision, and values of GCE. Comply with all organizational policies. Positively represent GCE, Inc. in all job duties and communications with others.
• Minimum of one (1) year of related work experience.
• Must possess Technical Illustration skills.
• Must have knowledge/experience with graphics design/management software, including AutoCAD.
• Must have strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing situations with minimal interruption in work.
• Must have the ability to adapt to changes in program schedules and illustration priorities, which may require working with different software and program directives.
• Must have a proven flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic working environment and the ability to coordinate with multiple individuals concurrently to expedite progress.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Must have a demonstrated dependable attendance.
• Must be authorized to access classified information with an active security clearance or have the ability to obtain security clearance.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. Person status, as required per government contract.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer including Vets and Disabled. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement. For reasonable accommodation, please email us at LCIEmployment@bhcpns.org.