Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization’s Mission is “Helping People throughout Life’s Journey,” and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency.
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positive attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US.
The Dining Facility Attendant must be able to perform the duties required at the following work stations: (work stations may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignment).
- Line Server - Set up hot and cold food serving stations, serve customers proper sized portions at sufficient rates, and remove or refill hot and cold food items. Communicate with cooks, food runners, and supervisors when food items get low or run out, properly store and label food items.
- Dining Room - Clean salad and beverage bar areas and clean spills immediately, clean tables after customer use, refill napkins, straws, toothpicks, and other food service dispensers. Cut, pan or plate pastries and desserts. Prepare food items for serving or further cooking.
- Dish room/ Pots and Pans - Run automatic dishwasher and refilling chemicals as needed, pre-wash, scrub, sort, separate, and put away dishes and utensils. Scrubbing pots, pans, and utensils. Clean scullery grease trap as needed. Clean/de-scale dishwashers.
- Sanitation/ Custodial - Sweep, vacuum, and/or mop flooring, deck scrubbing tile and concrete floors, empty trash cans and deposit trash in appropriate receptacles, replace trash liners neatly and clean trash bins and lids- inside and out, clean ground level interior and exterior glass windows and doors, clean walls, police grounds for trash and debris. Re-stock paper products, soap, and refill all other dispensers.
- Other - Comply with the training of chemicals: use, mixing, storage, and appropriate disposal. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and ensure they function properly. Keep carts, caddies and storage closets and cabinets orderly. Attend GCE in service training as required. Proper use of PPE and following safety guidelines.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Understand oral and/or written instructions.
- Interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and staff members.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- WA State Enhanced Drivers License or WA State Enhanced ID
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, and frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward.
- This job will require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs, and may require occasional lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
- There will be exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures..
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED