WHO WE ARE GCE
Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization’s Mission is “Helping People throughout Life’s Journey,” and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency.
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positive attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US.
This position is responsible for safely performing floor care duties as assigned by management. Quality service is expected to be provided to customers at all times. Knowledge and willingness to learn all aspects of the job as it pertains to this position.
• Physical scrubbing of baseboards, corners, etc.
• Perform sweeping and mopping hard floors; vacuum carpeted floors.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and ensure it functions properly. Promptly report worn or broken equipment to supervisor.
• Keep storage/janitorial closets orderly
• Attend in-service training as required.
• Participate in safety meetings.
• Inform Supervisor or Project Manager of the need for supplies and equipment in a timely manner.
• Maintain compliance with required hard floors and carpet care training, including top scrubbing, stripping and waxing of various hard floor surfaces.
• Must have one (1) year of floor care experience or be able to pass the GCE Floor Care Certification Training within their first 90 days.
• Must be able to follow multi-step directions.
• Must be able to interact appropriately with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
• Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings.
• Must be able to safely perform the essential functions described below.
• Must be able to work multiple shifts to include weekends and overtime (OT).
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must to able to assist in lifting equipment and moving furniture when necessary and will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer including Vets and Disabled. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement. For reasonable accommodation, please email us at LCIEmployment@bhcpns.org.