This position is on a federal Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization’s Mission is “Helping People throughout Life’s Journey,” and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency.
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positions attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US.
The Quality Control Review Technician is responsible for reviewing documentation to ensure compliance with associated military specifications requirements. This position also requires knowledge of all aspects of technical manual production and an understanding of quality assurance/control. Review aircraft/commodity technical manuals for adherence to the TO military specification. Perform other duties as assigned. Adhere, promote, and support the mission, vision, and values of GCE. Comply with all organizational policies. Positively represent GCE, Inc. in all job duties and communications with others.
• Experience working with the DoD in a military, civilian, or contract position which supported DoD programs.
• Experience in preparation of aircraft/commodity technical manuals, and a thorough working knowledge of TO military specification is essential.
• Possess technical leadership skills.
• Knowledge and possesses skills in the TO production process similar to that of writers, editors, illustrators, and other functions.
• Knowledge of technical data requisition.
• Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Possess excellent technical writing, briefing and facilitation skills.
• Skilled in negotiation, building consensus, and achieving compromise.
• Self-starter with strong leadership skills.
• Written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated dependable attendance.
• Authorized to access classified information with an active security clearance or have the ability to obtain security clearance.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. Person status, as required per government contract.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981. Day shift 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM.
GCE is putting our employee health and safety first by following guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer including Vets and Disabled. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement. For reasonable accommodation, please email us at LCIEmployment@bhcpns.org.