This position is on a federal Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
Global Connections to Employment (GCE), a nonprofit that provides job training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. We exist to provide opportunities so people can experience meaningful employment. Our organization’s Mission is “Helping People throughout Life’s Journey,” and what better way to do so than through employment which leads to independence and self-sufficiency.
We collaborate with partners who share a sense of responsibility for improving the world we live in. From a business perspective, we see opportunity in employees who have positions attitudes and are enthusiastic not only about performing their jobs, but more importantly, meeting the expectations of our customers. We continue to learn, innovate, work hard, respect and value the relationships we have in numerous communities in the US.
The Technical Writer I completes changes to Technical Orders for Air Force Programs. Interface with Sr. Technical Writer, TOMA, Technical Content Manager, Illustrators, and QC.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with manuals such as Framemaker, S1000D, tagged data, SGML, XML structured and unstructured content, Illustrated parts breakdowns (IPBs), job guides, flight manuals, checklists, et al.
- Experience writing aircraft and commodity technical manuals and Time Compliance Technical orders (TCTOs) in compliance with TMCR and military specifications preferred.
- Knowledgeable of MIL-PRF-83495 OMMS Style Manuals.
- Able to draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to support projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated dependable attendance.
- Authorized to access classified information with an active security clearance or have the ability to obtain security clearance.
- Ability to qualify for Active Secret Level Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have U.S. Person status, as required per government contract
- While performing this job's duties, the team member is required to stand, walk, sit; frequent bending, stooping, and climbing; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Requires the ability to sit and review information on a computer screen for extended periods (up to 10 hours a day with lunch and breaks) and withstand repetitive motion. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. independently and lift up to 75 lbs. with assistance. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard, standard office equipment power and hand tools, hydraulic and manual jacks, and other vehicle repair equipment. Must have the ability to work safely in a busy shop environment with cranes, forklifts, and heavy equipment operation and movement. Must have the ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week if necessary. This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a combined office and shop position, and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate.
- The mental demands, physical demands, and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to perform the essential functions of the job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
GCE is putting our employee health and safety first by following guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED