The General Maintenance Technician will perform general building maintenance and repairs. This individual would also be expected to assist janitorial and grounds contractor with minor repairs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a base
of knowledge in building operations. The job includes minor repairs on everything from grounds to Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing systems as directed by supervisor. Run minor service calls. Move materials as needed. Assist others as directed by supervisor.
Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences in the course of performing duties.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year hands-on experience in the electrical, plumbing, or HVAC trade is required.
- Must have experience using electrical, plumbing, or HVAC tools and equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds regularly.
- Assist in lifting equipment and moving furniture when necessary. May be required to move or lift alone.
- The mental demands, physical demands, and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org
and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED