This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.
Software Engineer I - SAS with direct guidance of a senior staff member, develop software for small to medium-sized projects by studying information needs; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software
development lifecycle. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams,
charts, code comments and clear code. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures. Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 0-1+ year in software engineering.
- SAS desired experience preferred.
- Degree and experience requirement may be waived for GCE Information Technology Trainee if all other job requirements are met.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform all requirements and show continued progress on job functions in a client environment.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, call 866-236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED