GCE - Global Connections to Employment
is excited to offer IT career opportunities within our fast growing organization. Our mission – “Helping people throughout life’s journey” and the vision to be the trusted partner for improving the
quality of life in the communities we serve. GCE’s serves to help people with disabilities find meaningful employment within multiple service lines in 14 states.
GCE’s IT teams maintain more than 73 government and commercial contracts and we has been honored with numerous awards for service excellence and supporting employee morale. Our IT team is a primary federal contractor for Department of Defense agencies where
our focus is on identity management and software development credentialing, and personnel security and benefits. A “Top 25” non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program. Our IT teams are located in Seaside, CA and Lorton, VA. We are launching a new
office in the DTC in Denver, CO, and soon to open in Arlington, VA, by end of year.
Architect II provides information technology expertise required to facilitate the analysis, design, development, administration, database, testing, operations, system and user support for complex systems and applications. Participates in all phases of systems
development and provides leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design input for the development and maintenance of application systems architecture.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree required: Bachelor's. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 or more years IT architecture experience required.
- Effective relationship management, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong and effective influence and negotiation skills.
- Strong general management skills including the ability to integrate multiple, geographically and technologically disparate groups.
- Expert knowledge of the current and intended future-state business process(es) and how applications fit in with those processes.
- Expert knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of the technology that we are using.
- Expert understanding of the development process.
- Prior working experience or knowledge on personnel security is a plus.
- Implementation and use of architectural design principles and best practices.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to do an effective cost/benefit analysis/estimation.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @
www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED