GCE - Global Connections to Employment
is excited to offer IT career opportunities within our fast growing organization. Our mission – “Helping people throughout life’s journey” and the vision to be the trusted partner for improving the
quality of life in the communities we serve. GCE’s serves to help people with disabilities find meaningful employment within multiple service lines in 14 states.
GCE’s IT teams maintain more than 73 government and commercial contracts and we has been honored with numerous awards for service excellence and supporting employee morale. Our IT team is a primary federal contractor for Department of Defense agencies where
our focus is on identity management and software development credentialing, and personnel security and benefits. A “Top 25” non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program. Our IT teams are located in Seaside, CA and Lorton, VA. We are launching a new
office in the DTC in Denver, CO, and soon to open in Arlington, VA, by end of year.
IT Architect IV provides information technology expertise required to facilitate the analysis, design, development, administration, database, testing, operations, system and user support for complex systems and applications. Participates in all phases of systems
development and provides leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design input for the development and maintenance of application systems architecture.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree required: Bachelor’s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 or more years of hands-on experience in enterprise IT architecture.
- Experience with J2EE development; PL/SQL; Web Services; MVC framework experience like STRUTS, SPRING MVC, JSF; SQL experience on Oracle or other relational database; Unit or other unit testing frameworks such as TestNG, JMock, or DBUnit; J2EE/Java performance
testing and tuning experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of data modeling concepts, ERD design and development. Extensive experience working with Oracle databases.
- Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD and design patterns.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications.
- Good understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
- Proven experience building Java-based solutions for highly available and scalable systems
- Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Experience with Maven or other build tool such as Ant.
- Experience with Subversion (SVN) or other source code control system.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Some travel may be required, up to 10% of the time.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, call 866-236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED