This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.
Performs quality assurance activities for one or more software development projects. Provides development of project Software Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract. Provides an independent
assessment of how the projects software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organizations process.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 0-1+ year in software development.
- Degree and experience requirement may be waived for GCE Information Technology Trainee if all other job requirements are met.
- Interest in obtaining ISQTB Foundation Level Core Certification. One year of experience may be substituted for certification.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform all requirements and show continued progress on job functions in a client environment.
- Ability to understand different software development cycles (i.e. waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.).
- Ability to learn how to develop and document test plans and create/update test scenarios and cases based on functional/technical specifications.
- Ability to learn both manual and automated testing methodologies, processes and testing metrics.
- Learn to test .Net and Java client/server software suites with multiple independent components.
- Ability to learn application testing on the Windows platform, Client/Server .Net and Java applications, data synchronization, Global Platform and Biometrics, and/or XML/SOAP applications.
- Ability to learn to create, edit and update SQL statements.
- Ability to learn to use automated testing tools.
- Learn to use version control systems (i.e. CVS, VSS, or TFS).
- Ability to use issue tracking software (i.e. JIRA, BugZilla, or TestTrack Pro).
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, call 866-236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED