GCE - Global Connections to Employment
is excited to offer IT career opportunities within our fast growing organization. Our mission – “Helping people throughout life’s journey” and the vision to be the trusted partner for improving the
quality of life in the communities we serve. GCE’s serves to help people with disabilities find meaningful employment within multiple service lines in 14 states.
GCE’s IT teams maintain more than 73 government and commercial contracts and we has been honored with numerous awards for service excellence and supporting employee morale. Our IT team is a primary federal contractor for Department of Defense agencies where
our focus is on identity management and software development credentialing, and personnel security and benefits. A “Top 25” non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program. Our IT teams are located in Seaside, CA and Lorton, VA. We are launching a new
office in the DTC in Denver, CO, and soon to open in Arlington, VA, by end of year.
Serves as a lead tester. Performs quality assurance activities with no supervision for one or more complex software development projects. Creates and develops project Software Quality Assurance Plans and implements procedures that conform to the requirements
of the contract. Provides an assessment of how the projects software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and leads the team in recommending methods to optimize the organizations process.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in software development.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (i.e. waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.).
- Ability to develop and document test plans and create test cases based on software requirements and functional/technical specifications.
- Comprehensive understanding of both manual and automated testing methodologies, processes and testing metrics.
- Ability to independently test .Net and Java client/server software suites with multiple independent components.
- Skilled in application testing on the Windows platform, especially Client/Server .Net and Java applications, data synchronization, Global Platform and Biometrics, and/or XML/SOAP applications.
- Ability to create, edit, update SQL statements.
- Adept in scripting languages to automate testing tasks.
- Knowledgeable in automated testing tools.
- Experience using version control systems (i.e. such as CVS, VSS, or TFS).
- Experience using issue tracking software (i.e. such as JIRA, BugZilla, or TestTrack Pro).
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: advanced.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
- Infrequent travel may be required, less than 5% of the time. The travel may be local or national
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, call 866-236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED