The Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special Events. The general responsibilities of the position include the
following listed but GCE may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements. Responsibilities: Must be able to interact appropriately with customers,
government personnel, subcontractor and GCE Management Staff. Prepare and cook to order foods that may require short and broader preparation time. May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or operate a grill station. Read food order or receive
verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions. Follow basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs
for consumption in eating establishments. Prepares food under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits. and vegetables and trimming and cutting
meat, poultry or fish for culinary use. May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all GCE, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of food service experience.
- Understand oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to read and quantify recipes, and menus.
- Interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and staff members.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, and frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward.
- This job will require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs, and may require occasional lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures due to steam and heat from cooking, dishwashing, and refrigeration.
- Work area subject to high noise levels, sharp tools and cutting hazards.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED