This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.
The Mail Clerk is responsible for supporting the reception area and mail operations to a contract or program. This position requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with others within and outside the organization while
reflecting a professional image. The mail clerk will perform the following duties: operate customer service window; coordinate mail and mail security matters with customers; receive, sort, and process all incoming mail and deliver to the appropriate office;
receive, sort, and process all outgoing mail and deliver to the Consolidated Mail Facility; answer and forward all incoming phone calls; take messages and deliver to appropriate office staff in a timely matter; operate motor vehicle when serving as a driver/messenger; provide
support to maintain office equipment and supplies and maintain a courteous and professional attitude with all customers and perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager;
- Must meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Be physically able to perform general tasks detailed in the assigned contract(s).
- Interact appropriately with customers and employees.
- Have a valid driver's license and be insurable under corporate policy.
- Experience dealing with government personnel / customers in relation to contracted services.
- Must have basic computer knowledge. (Excel, Microsoft Word, etc).
- Must be able to carry out written, oral, and diagrammatic instructions.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to reason, make good judgments, plan, organize, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a repetitious manner.
- Regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED.