This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.
GCE - Global Connections to Employment is excited to offer career opportunities within our fast growing organization. Our mission – "Helping people throughout life’s journey" and the vision to be the trusted partner for improving the quality of life in the
communities we serve. We are a "Top 25" non-profit provider under the AbilityOne® Program. GCE serves to help people with disabilities find meaningful employment in multiple business service lines in 14 states, including internationally. GCEs IT teams maintains
government and commercial contracts and we have been honored with numerous awards for service excellence and supporting employee morale. Our IT team is a primary federal contractor for DMDC for DoD, where our focus is on identity management and software development
credentialing, and personnel security and benefits. We offer competitive compensation and benefits package.
Performs quality assurance activities for one or more software development projects. Provides development of project Software Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract. Provides an independent
assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization’s process.
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 0-1+ year in software development.
- Degree and experience requirement may be waived for GCE Information Technology Trainee if all other job requirements are met.
- Interest in obtaining ISQTB Foundation Level Core Certification. One year of experience may be substituted for certification.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform all requirements and show continued progress on job functions in a client environment.
- Ability to understand different software development cycles (i.e. waterfall, iterative, agile, etc.).
- Ability to learn how to develop and document test plans and create/update test scenarios and cases based on functional/technical specifications.
- Ability to learn both manual and automated testing methodologies, processes and testing metrics.
- Learn to test .Net and Java client/server software suites with multiple independent components.
- Ability to learn application testing on the Windows platform, Client/Server .Net and Java applications, data synchronization, Global Platform and Biometrics, and/or XML/SOAP applications.
- Ability to learn to create, edit and update SQL statements.
- Ability to learn to use automated testing tools.
- Learn to use version control systems (i.e. CVS, VSS, or TFS).
- Ability to use issue tracking software (i.e. JIRA, BugZilla, or TestTrack Pro).
- Time management skills.
- Basic analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
- Framework (ie Strut 2 and Spring), Apache Tomcat, Linux (Red Hat), GenEdit.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a public trust clearance or higher.
- U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
Infrequent travel may be required, less than 5% of the time.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, call 866-236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED