The Maintenance Mechanic II will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repair services to support the Facilities Maintenance (FM) functions of the organization. This position is responsible for general maintenance mechanic services across a
large organization. Required job duties may include the following: Rough and finish carpentry. Able to fabricate and remodel new and existing structures using all types of construction materials to include but not exclusive of sheet rock, wood, masonry and
metal. Perform routine and/or preventive maintenance on heating, cooling, electrical, and mechanical equipment. Perform routine and/or preventive maintenance on food handling, office, and dormitory equipment. Perform routine maintenance on buildings, including
interior and exterior painting, patching walls, repair roof leaks, replacing broken glass, installing floor coverings, etc. Perform general building and equipment repairs, remodeling, and renovations. Be available to be on call for after-hours emergency maintenance
duty and work overtime as required. Lift, pull, push and/or manipulate objects (i.e., filing cabinets, desks) as needed.
- Must be able to meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
- Must have two (2) years experience performing maintenance tasks under minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate working experience and knowledge of maintenance areas involving electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, building construction, and rough and finish carpentry.
- Must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions of complex nature, read and follow blueprints, schematics, maintenance manuals.
- Be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and be insurable under the Center’s policy.
- May travel to and from various locations and buildings throughout the year and in various weather conditions.
- Most work will take place indoors.
- May work with cleaning chemicals.
- Will be required to follow Emergency Operations Work Assignment per customer requirements.
- Schedules are subject to change. May require working early morning, mid-morning, afternoon and/or evening hours as well weekends, overtime and Holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The mental demands, physical demands and environmental factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED