This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.Overview
The General Maintenance Worker is assigned tasks which require mainly physical abilities and effort involving general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Duties may vary depending on contract specifications and building assignments. Duties include: Tree trimming and removal. General grounds repair. Snow & ice removal operations. Road repairs. Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors. Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings. Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets. Painting structures and equipment. · Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks. Replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles. Hanging doors and installing door locks. Replacing broken window panes. Performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience specific to job description.
- Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on the specific contract.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and be insurable under the center's policy.
- Must be able to pass organization screening requirements, including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED